For any modern company that uses PPC, potential click fraud should always be a concern. Click fraud can eat up your budget, run up your CPC, give your competitors an advantage, and sometimes, even get you locked out of your PPC account. And unfortunately, it’s more common than you think. If you want to ensure your ad dollars are being well spent and that you’re not getting taken advantage of, then you need to learn how to prevent click fraud – and fast.
Not sure how to prevent click fraud? Just follow these five easy steps.
- Be aware of your competitors. Most importantly, get familiar with your competitors in PPC. Who else comes up when you search for your keywords? Once you know this, you can then use a tool like ClickForensics, AdWatcher or ClickDefense to see when (and if) those competitors click your ads fraudulently.
- Limit your exposure. To really decrease the amount of fraudulent clicks, you should only run your ads in specific countries. Countries that are impoverished or have lower labor rates are usually at the top of the list when it comes to fraudulent click sources.
- Keep a close eye on your campaigns. You won’t know something is wrong if you don’t have past experience to compare it to. Always closely monitor your campaigns, and know exactly what they’re doing and what your goals are. If you use Google AdWords, the Campaign Performance and Account Performance tools can help you do this.
- Only target high-value sites. Low-quality websites are a huge source of click fraud. They’re often associated with bots that automatically target your site and your ads. To avoid this, only run your ads on specific sites – ones you know are full of potential customers.
- Invest in fraud prevention software. Finally, the best way to stop click fraud is to invest in a software solution designed to fight it. If you need click fraud help, check out fraud bot prevention tools.
Want to learn more about how to prevent click fraud? Ready to invest in a comprehensive solution to stop it in its tracks? Contact Distil Networks today.
About the Author
Courtney Brady is the Director of Marketing at Distil Networks. She comes to Distil Networks from a variety of start-up companies, routed in SaaS and DaaS solutions. Formerly the global communications manager at multiple companies, Courtney is responsible for developing the company’s marketing strategy and branding campaign.Follow on Twitter More Content by Courtney Brady