For eCommerce stores, there are few bigger online threats than price scraping. Price scraping grants your competitors easy access to your product listings, SKUs and pricing, which can give them the upper hand in your marketplace. This can be pretty game-changing for your business. Luckily, there are ways to prevent price scraping, and Distil Networks can help you do it.
How to Prevent Price Scraping
Distil Networks offers a comprehensive theft bot protection tool, which prevents price scraping, data scraping, data aggregation and more on your website. Ultimately, this allows you to maintain your spot on the web as the single-source of information for your products and services, and it improves the quality of your traffic.
Here are a few of its benefits:
- Protects your prices and product listings from being scraped, tracked or monitored by your competitors.
- Allows you to keep your competitive advantage in the marketplace by ensuring your brand secrets and pricing schedules are kept safe.
- Lets you post your content and prices in confidence, without fear of unauthorized access or theft.
- Increases your sales leads by ensuring your traffic is from legitimate sources, not malicious theft bots or data scrapers.
- Protects your brand image, reputation and SEO rankings by ensuring no other retailers on the market can copy your prices, product names and other important data.
If you own an eCommerce store, working to prevent price scraping should be one of your biggest priorities. If competitors get access to your prices and product listings, you could get outbid and outmaneuvered in your own marketplace. Your traffic, the amount of customers and leads you get, and your overall sales could also suffer.
Want to prevent price scraping at your online store? Contact Distil Networks today to learn how.
About the Author
Courtney Brady is the Director of Marketing at Distil Networks. She comes to Distil Networks from a variety of start-up companies, routed in SaaS and DaaS solutions. Formerly the global communications manager at multiple companies, Courtney is responsible for developing the company’s marketing strategy and branding campaign.Follow on Twitter More Content by Courtney Brady