We’ve talked about comment spam before and how much it can affect your site’s performance, SEO rankings and online sales. Unfortunately, comment spam isn’t the only problem modern website owners have to worry about; there’s also form spam. Form spam occurs when spam bots flood your online forms with phony submissions – ones filled with keywords, jargon-stuffed backlinks and useless information that doesn’t gain you leads or foster potential sales.
Like with comment spam, it’s important to take steps to stop form spam before it occurs. Too much form spam can eat into your company’s resources, costing you money, valuable time, effort and more. Form spam can:
- Force your staff to spend valuable time sifting through form submissions and differentiating the legitimate ones from the fraudulent ones. Ultimately, this can keep them from other, more important tasks and hurt your company’s overall productivity and efficiency rates.
- Make it difficult to recognize genuine form submissions and real customer leads when you get them. It can even cause legitimate customer leads to get lost in the shuffle or deleted by mistake.
- If you’re using analytics to track the number of conversions you get as potential leads, fraudulent form submissions can skew these numbers, giving you a warped picture of how well your online marketing efforts are working.
- Masses of spammy form entries can fill up your email inbox and make it hard to find the documents and messages you need.
- Form spam can tie up your IT staff, as they’ll need to constantly stay on top of spammy submissions and look for new ways to stop form spam from occurring again.
Do you want to prevent these problems from occurring on your own site? Then it’s time to take action and stop form spam now. Contact Distil Networks today, and we’ll help you stop form spam before it becomes a problem.
About the AuthorFollow on Twitter More Content by Courtney Brady