How to Build an Effective API Security Strategy
A security strategy that manages access and protects systems from attack while still engaging digital ecosystems is essential to any API program. Application leaders must design, execute and govern an effective API security strategy, including the use of API gateways.
A purely edge-based web application security defense strategy is not fully ready for the new challenges posed by APIs. The widespread use of internal APIs, combined with mobile access and increased reliance on cloud APIs, mean that defending from the edge is insufficient. New hybrid approaches highlight the fact that organizations should take a holistic view of API security.
Key Takeaways Include:
- An understanding of API security building blocks
- How to design an effective API security policy
- The pitfalls of coding security directly into your APIs
- The three-step approach to continuous API security
- Banking industry case study: stopping fintech screen scraping