At a Glance
- Financial Services
- Fraudsters would bombard Entropay’s login screen with stolen usernames and passwords, causing slowdowns and downtime
- Bad bots impacted multiple departments including customer support, product management, web infrastructure, and IT security
- Previous bot management solution required heavy professional services, was difficult to manage, too reactive, and caused account lockouts for legitimate customers
- 100% system uptime since deploying Distil
- 84% reduction in time spent monitoring, researching, and responding to bot attacks
- Distil automatically prevents bots from logging into existing accounts or creating fake accounts, while real users enjoy fast access to Entropay services
Applicable OWASP Automated Threats
- OAT-007 Credential Cracking
- OAT-008 Credential Stuffing
- OAT-015 Denial of Service
“With our previous bot management vendor by the time we got the bad IP address blocked, the bad guys had already moved to another IP address. Distil has the intelligence to determine the difference between a bot and a human, and this intelligence allows Distil to respond to the attack patterns without any form of interaction on our part. The solution just works.”
– Christian Zammit, Senior Information Security Engineer
Entropay is the first European virtual prepaid card, accepted by millions of merchants worldwide. With Entropay, anyone has the ability to conduct online transactions, regardless of their location or credit-worthiness. Entropay is authorized and regulated by the Financial Conduct Authority for the provision of payment services. As such, Entropay strives to maintain the highest standards in fraud detection and account security. It’s a highly secure and convenient solution wherever Visa or MasterCard payments are accepted online, or over the phone.
Automated attacks are a common problem across the Internet. It takes specialized technology to combat the issue—technology that can discern malicious bot traffic from legitimate users and even beneficial bot traffic, such as web crawlers for search operations. Distil Networks filters out malicious bot traffic before it can reach the Entropay website, eliminating bot attacks and improving performance for legitimate users of the online virtual payment service.