"With Distil, we can have our cake and eat it, too. We’re protecting our content from thieves and we reduced our infrastructure costs at the same time. For DevOps, this was like pressing the Easy Button."
-- Russell Garrison, DevOps Engineer, Manta
Born as an online directory for small businesses, Manta has become the most highly trafficked destination to find services and products from local businesses across the U.S. About 30,000 business owners join Manta each month to gain visibility and showcase what they have to offer.
According to Russell Garrison, DevOps Engineer at Manta, protecting the data of its small business customers is always top of mind. “Our problem is that we hold a lot of valuable information in one place, which is great for our members, but a pain point for IT,” he said. “We’ve migrated our entire platform to the cloud. But keeping information safe and preventing bad actors from damaging the site or stealing the data we store is always a big concern.”
- Content thieves targeted Manta as a one-stop shop for data on US businesses
- Web scrapers severely strained the site, rendering it unresponsive
- Existing CDN and anti-scraping appliance were expensive and ineffective
- Defending against bad bots in-house was costly and inefficient
Distil Cloud CDN
- Blocked 99.9% of content theft bots with no impact on legitimate users
- Slashed CDN and anti-scraping infrastructure costs by over $60K annually
- Increased site speed, performance and good bot traffic
- Reduced IT overhead by the equivalent of half of a full-time employee
- Facilitated move to the cloud and improved business agility
About the Author
Distil Networks, the global leader in bot detection and mitigation, is the first easy and accurate way to identify and police malicious website traffic, blocking 99.9% of bad bots without impacting legitimate users. Distil protects against web scraping, competitive data mining, account hijacking, form spam and click fraud while slashing the high tax that bots place on your internal teams and web infrastructure.Follow on Twitter More Content by Distil Networks