At a Glance
- Pet and Hobby Network
- Competitive data mining and price scraping bots killing response times for legitimate customers
- Tedious, manual bad bot investigations too little, too late
- Lost sales. Competitors undercutting pricing in real time to rank higher in search engine price sorts
- Eliminated bad bot traffic across entire network of ecommerce sites
- Saved hundreds of hours of manual bot blocking time per quarter
- Clean analytics yield a better testing environment for ecommerce funnel optimization
Applicable OWASP Automated ThreatsRequest a Demo
“Competitors use bots to perform an ‘Add To Cart’ action, then scrape for price. If we drop our price to $1.99, an hour later it could be $1.98 at another site. Then the competitor’s product appears higher in search engine price sorts. Boom—we just lost a sale. Also, those types of queries represent a high computational hit, taxing our backend servers and impacting site performance. Distil has made our lives so much easier.”
– CIO, Network of Pet and Hobby Supply Stores
The leading Network of Pet and Hobby Supply Stores is a multi-divisional Internet company focused on the development of premium domains in the pet, equine, outdoor, and eco-friendly spaces.
The company's platform and infrastructure oﬀer online experiences that are at the pinnacle of their respective verticals. As just one example, the company is the largest online retailer of equine products worldwide.
The customers enjoy being able to simultaneously conduct e-commerce, get information, and be educated and entertained.