“One web scraper was doing anything he could to get airfares, and despite our initial attempts with many other solutions to stop him, he could still get back into the site within 24 hours. But when we implemented Distil, he simply gave up.”
-- Eric Chapin, Security Administrator, Datalex
Ireland-based Datalex provides a unified Digital Commerce Platform, which combines pricing, shopping, order management, and customer insights to deliver competitive and differentiated retail experiences at every touch point in the travel journey.
Voted the “World’s Leading Travel Merchandising Solution Provider” at the 2014 World Travel
Awards, The Datalex commerce platform enables a travel marketplace of over one billion shoppers covering every corner of the globe, driven by some of the world’s most innovative airline retail brands. Its customers include Aer Lingus, Abacus, Air China, Air Transat, Brussels Airlines, Copa Airlines, Delta Air Lines, Edelweiss, HP Enterprise Services, JetBlue Airways, Philippine Airlines, SITA, Swiss International Air Lines, Virgin Atlantic, Virgin Australia, West Air, and WestJet.
- Web scrapers were hitting Datalex customers’ sites, luring away upsell and cross-sell opportunities, and increasing GDS API pull costs
- Multiple heavy daily attacks threatened to cause performance issues and downtime
- Identifying and policing bad bot traffic with F5 Networks was burdensome and ineffective
Distil Appliance and Cloud CDN (based on each customer’s hosting preference)
- Forced advanced persistent bots to “throw in the towel”
- Eliminated scrapers, making sites more reliable and secure
- Increased capability over existing anti-bot solution while saving resource time