The notion of API management in which enterprise architects, app developers and IT security experts work in harmony is great in theory. The reality, according to new research from Ovum, is much more scattered.
Watch Ovum IT Security Analyst Rik Turner as he dives into new primary research on how companies are really managing API security. Then watch the lively conversation as Rami Essaid, CEO of Distil Networks, explains why APIs are becoming such an increasingly attractive target for hackers. Lastly, Shane Ward, Senior Director of Technology at GuideStar, will share best practices and pitfalls to avoid when managing both free and paid access to your APIs.
Key takeaways will include:
- How to benchmark your organization's API security and internal processes against your peers
- Why CIO and/or CISO visibility into how API security is managed across the enterprise is so critical
- How to map your business requirements to your API security strategy
- A primer on API security controls, including geo/org fencing, token governance, dynamic access control lists and advanced rate limiting
- Why heavy "application services governance" software suites are the wrong approach