This was the year bots went mainstream. Today, it would be difficult for anyone to claim ignorance of the term bots after such a tumultuous twelve months. No longer are bots the preserve of cybersecurity experts. Instead, even the FBI is investigating their use in influencing the results of the last US presidential election.
But while the political world attempts to understand the impact of bad bots on democracy, much of their wider impact on the economy is misunderstood and grossly underestimated.
Key takeaways from this year’s report include:
- Types of bad bot problems, how they hurt your business, and signs you have a problem
- 9 things you must do to protect your business
- How your bad bot problem compares to your industry peers
- Which countries are the most blocked
- How bots mimic human behavior and what to look for
Examining the bad bot problem doesn’t require deep knowledge of the technology behind attacks or the techniques used to prevent them. Instead, it requires a solid understanding of your business.